Gender and Gender Identity
Gender is a broad term that encompasses a range of characteristics including physical characteristics, as well as roles, conduct and presentation, and how those elements are perceived by society.
Gender identity is linked to a person’s sense of self, and the sense of being a man, a woman, both or neither. Gender identity is how a person identifies and may, or may not, be aligned with their sex assigned at birth. Gender expression is how a person presents their gender, through things like dress and mannerisms. Gender identity and gender expression are both elements of one's gender.
You can download the Gender & Gender Identity infographic for use in your workplace.
Reconciling Identity: A discussion about Two-Spirit people within the 2SLGBTQI+ communities
Coming Soon: Watch the playback of the CCDI Consulting webinar with Michael Bach in a panel discussion.
- Sandra Laframboise, Human Rights Advocate and Activist
- Todd Ross, Indigenous Advisor, University of New Brunswick
The Intersections of Identity: A discussion about the intersections of race, ethnicity, sexuality and gender
Watch the playback of the CCDI Consulting webinar with Michael Bach in a panel discussion.
- Jefferson Darrell (Founder & CEO, Breakfast Culture)
- Pritwinder Kaur Admissions Advisor, Yorkville University)
- Marcos A. Persaud (Senior Diversity and Inclusion Specialist, Maple Leaf Foods Inc.
The ABCs and 123s of LGBTQ2+ Inclusion
Watch the playback of the CCDI Consulting webinar where Michael Bach, author of Alphabet Soup: The Essential Guide to LGBTQ2+ Inclusion at Work, engaged in a discussion about LGBTQ2+ inclusion with special guests; what LGBTQ2+ inclusion means to them, and how LGBTQ2+ inclusion shows up in their workplaces.
- Farrell Hall (Chief Inclusion Officer, 9 Story Media)
- Lenore MacAdam (Head of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Corus Entertainment)
- DS "Shep" Sheppard (Senior Manager, Equity Diversity & Inclusion at Equitable Bank/EQ Bank)
- Steve Yan (Director, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, BDC)